AM - 14178
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with FirstOnSite Restoration to recruit a Project Manager to join their team in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, they offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents, and other casualties at any type of facility. They provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration, and reconstruction services to the insurance industry as well as residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for developing a definition of the project, in conjunction with the Property Owner, Adjuster, or Insurance Company, ensuring that the project is delivered on time and to the required standards. This includes scoping and estimating the work required to restore properties to their pre-disaster state; preparing detailed specifications and submitting quotes for the work to be performed; directly interacting with clients to develop solutions; and delivering exceptional customer service to insurance stakeholders, homeowners, and property managers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for accurate job costing and estimation and ensuring project job costs are within target margins.
- Educates the client filling the claimant in on i) the process of repair ii) timing of service delivery and iii) what the client can expect from FirstOnSite in the process.
- Ensure project requirements are being fulfilled and deadlines and milestones are achieved
- Inspect progress and work quality throughout the Emergency Phase.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and act as a prime liaison with policy holders, and adjustors.
- Build, lead and deploy the best quality team to achieve project objectives, ensuring that health and safety policies and procedures are followed for all FOS personnel and sub-contractors, participates/conducts tail gate meetings relating to health and safety and work procedures when on site.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you are motivated to exceed expectations, do what is right, and take pride in putting your skills to work to make a difference. You apply strong project management principals, have exceptional organizational and time management skills, and enjoy working both independently and in collaborative teams to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once. In return for your skill set and experience you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package and as well as the opportunity to grow your career.
Your qualifications will include:
- University degree or college diploma in business, engineering, or construction management preferred; or combination of relevant training courses in related fields and relevant experience may be acceptable in lieu of the academic requirements.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the restoration/emergency or construction industry.
- Detailed understanding of reconstruction practices for property that has suffered water, wind, mould, fire and vandalism damages.
- Knowledge of building codes and electrical, or plumbing, or mechanical and related codes.
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with technology is required as tablets are used daily.
- Basic understanding of invoicing, billing and general math skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence.
- Water Remediation Technician (WRT) certification, Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician certification (FSRT), Odor Control Technician certification (OCT), Proficiency with biological Technology, or Certification in mould remediation are considered assets.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Rick Neima, Recruitment Specialist, at 902-421-4407 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email