Job Title: Senior Hydrogeologist
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
For over 30 years GEMTEC Consulting Engineers and Scientists (GEMTEC) has been a leading multidisciplinary firm offering their clients a solution for every step of their project. An employee-owned business, GEMTEC believes their success comes from the strong technical expertise and experience their employees bring, which enables them to provide their clients with cost-effective and innovative solutions. Since conception GEMTEC has enjoyed steady growth and are currently looking to add a Senior Hydrogeologist to their team in Ottawa, ON.
Working in a challenging and engaging environment the Senior Hydrogeologist will partner with clients to ensure they have a solution that meets their needs at each phase of a project. As a participant in GEMTEC’s business objectives and a contributor to the growth of the civil and environmental engineering teams, the Hydrogeologist will carry out project management duties, connect with key stakeholders and provide insight and overview for the technical support of field investigations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project management duties including client communication, resource management, development and monitoring of project scope, and cost estimates/budgets and schedules;
- Provide oversight and technical support for field investigations including drilling, well installation, groundwater sampling, hydrogeological testing, etc.;
- Provide senior technical review of junior and intermediate engineer/scientist reports pertaining to hydrogeological projects;
- Consult with municipal, provincial and federal governments to determine submission requirements for permitting and approvals;
- Assist with detailed design and specification document preparation for engineering projects;
- Participate in other office and project responsibilities such as data management, analysis and interpretation, report and proposal preparation, report review, public consultation, and presentations;
- Collaborate with, and support, other GEMTEC offices in Ontario and Atlantic Canada, as required.
As the ideal candidate you have significant experience completing, managing and reviewing a variety of hydrogeological and environmental projects in support of water resource development, infrastructure and dewatering assessments, aggregate resource projects, and contaminated sites management. You also bring experience with investigation design, advanced groundwater data analysis including numerical modelling, and report preparation.
Your qualifications include:
- Completion of a relevant university degree(s) in hydrogeology, engineering, or geology (advanced/graduate level degrees considered an asset);
- Registration as either a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist in Ontario;
- 10+ years of progressive experience in engineering/environmental consulting;
- Thorough understanding of applicable Provincial and Federal regulations;
- Advanced groundwater data analysis, and flow and transport modelling experience using industry standard software;
- An ability to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment where teamwork and collaboration are paramount;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an unwavering commitment to quality;
- An ability to provide mentorship and technical coaching to junior and intermediate technical staff;
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies, including public consultation and presentations; and
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
By joining the team at GEMTEC you will be part of an employee-owned company that values the hard work it takes to become an industry leader. You will have the opportunity to work in a well established and growing practice area where you can make your mark. You will be given the ownership, flexibility and resources needed on a project to be successful and create the right solutions for your clients. In turn, you will get to see the impact you have on the projects as you watch your contributions come to life. In return for the skillset you bring you will be given a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email