Backend Software Engineer (Ruby)Apply Now
Reference # JG-14135
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Curatio, an organization driven to help individuals live their healthiest lives by using the power of private social networks to provide peer support and access to evidence-based resources in a safe and secure environment. They work with global, industry-leading organizations to develop the next generation of patient support and engagement tools to empower patients at scale.
With users in over 102 countries (and translated in a variety of languages), Curatio is rapidly growing and they are looking for the next rockstar to join their dynamic team in the role of Backend Software Engineer (Ruby).
The ideal candidate must have previous Ruby on Rails back end development experience along with Python and Go. You will have a focus with structuring and developing quality code.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing new services and API calls to support the front-end needs as well as third-party API users based on feature requirements and designs
- Writing tests and documenting the API calls and services
- Maintaining the core services forming the Curatio platform’s web API and the required dependencies
- Enhancing and supporting the existing scalable and event-driven architecture of the platform
- Supporting the development team to find the best way to deliver the new features and flows
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- At least 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails is required
- Experience with Python and/or Go lang is a plus
- At least 3+ years of experience with REST API development & event driven programming (experience in high performance API is a plus)
- Experience with Redis, PostgreSQL, AWS, Google Cloud, Elasticsearch, Rabbit MQ and Apache Kafka
- Comfortable working daily with agile/sprint/virtual teams (via Slack, Zoom)
- Previous experience working in startups (in growth mode), within digital health/gaming is a plus
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email