Senior General Accountant
Senior General Accountant
Reference # HL-14133
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting a Senior General Accountant to join their team of passionate and talented individuals. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for the full accounting cycle and assisting the Controller in the preparation of monthly financial statements. Working closely with the Controller, the Senior General Accountant will ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the operations of the accounting and finance team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Month End: Prepares Consolidations; Reviews Interco accounts; Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information; Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information; Execute Month end analysis in conjunction with other members of the Finance team including comparisons, trend analysis, what-if scenarios and various other reporting and analytics; Assist in the completion of month end execution as required or directed.
- Reporting: Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports; Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- M&A: Supports with M&A accounting; Drives Purchase Price Allocation approach and review.
- Subject Matter Expert: Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures; Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations; Complies with IFRS/GAAP and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Capex: Ensure CIP, FA register and depreciation are all accurate and current; Assist with keeping policies consistent and up to date with standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skill:
- Current CPA designation
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in progressively senior accounting and finance roles
- Strong systems skills, particularly MS Excel
- Experience working with Sage50 is a strong asset
- Ability to think strategically and to improve process efficiencies
- A self starter with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with a can-do attitude
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email