Reference # HL-14133
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting a Senior Accountant to join their team of passionate and talented individuals. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for the full accounting cycle and assisting the Controller in the preparation of monthly financial statements. Working closely with the Controller, the Senior Accountant will ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the operations of the accounting and finance team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the accurate and timely preparation of the company’s monthly, quarterly and year end financial statements
- Ensuring reporting and filing of all statutory and bank requirements are done in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting in the management of the general ledger
- Participating in the company’s annual budgeting process
- Financial forecasting and variance analysis when required
- Assisting in the activities of the annual audit
- Supporting the Controller and CFO with ad hoc duties or special projects as required
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Current CPA designation
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in progressively senior accounting and finance roles
- Strong systems skills, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to think strategically and to improve process efficiencies
- A self starter with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with a can-do attitude
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.421.9849. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email