Reference # JG-14128
High Liner Foods has one of the world’s foremost frozen seafood brands for taste and quality. As one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s top employers they are an innovator in the development of delicious, healthy and convenient products for retail, private label and wholesale distribution.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Solutions Architect to join their team.
Reporting to the Director, IT Design and Delivery, the Solutions Architect will play a key role in developing and delivering technology solutions that add strategic business value to High Liner Foods. This role will be accountable for proactively and holistically leading activities that guide the direction, development, and deployment of all solutions for applications, processes, and information across shared infrastructure and applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and lead the implementation of solutions across the portfolio of business applications, including the ERP (JDE E1)
- Provide consulting support to application designers, technical architects, application developers, and systems analysts within projects and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure the outcomes are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture
- Act as lead advisor for application and infrastructure projects to fit systems or infrastructure to overall architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, design, and deliver) to detect critical deficiencies, integrations, fit-gap, and downstream impacts to recommend solutions for improvement
- Influence the governance activities associated with solutions architecture
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work for consideration of future work
- Monitor the solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised
- Works closely with the business architects and will work with business stakeholders in developing and implementing application solutions
- Identify the impact of changing solutions; manage the stakeholder communications surrounding such change
- Manage third-party partners (development, application support, outsourced services) to ensure continuity of services, best practices are deployed, and partners work together whenever possible
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent experience in Business, Information Science, or Computer field.
- 10 -15 years previous experience in a similar role. Must possess deep industry knowledge of ERP, systems and applications
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple major projects or project roles or lead a variety of project team activities/tasks.
- Ability to perform objective analysis and re-engineering of business processes to maximize quality service and cost-effectiveness.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Proven ability to build trust with business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning, organization, analytical/problem solving skills
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Jamie Grant, Partner, at 1-902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant, at 1-902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email