Director Of Finance
Director of Finance
Are you open to a 12-month contract with an established organization looking for an experienced and technically sound CPA? This is an excellent opportunity to add value in a complex and dynamic organization. Our client provides essential services across Nova Scotia and is looking for a Director of Finance to join their talented team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Finance is responsible for providing financial management, payroll, billing, and benefit/pension administration services for the organization and for implementing finance and payroll policies and plans to assist in the administration of the business. The position is also responsible for overseeing compliance financial effectiveness, and economic sustainability of the organization on behalf of all stakeholders.
Major duties include directing company financial planning, overseeing compliance, providing overall direction for accounting, tax, insurance, budgeting, procurement and billing functions as well as payroll, pension and benefits administration. Additional duties include preparation of financial and management reports, overseeing budget preparation, directing the maintenance of general and cost accounting systems, overseeing administration of billing policies and collection of service fees, and acting as liaison with external auditors and the regulator on finance matters.
Responsibilities among others will include:
- Overseeing the annual internal budget and planning process
- Coordinating and overseeing annual operating budget and capital budgets
- Developing strategies to minimize corporate taxes payable and overseeing compliance with all tax reporting requirements, including filing of the corporate income tax return and monthly HST returns
- Overseeing payroll, pension and benefits administration
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements of the organization and reporting of financial results
- Ensuring financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS)
- Overseeing compliance with legislative filing requirements including various statutory filings as well as contract compliance
- Providing leadership by participating, supporting and ensuring accountability for all initiatives that foster a culture of patient safety and a safe work environment
- Overseeing the billing and collection of service fees
- Overseeing compliance with procurement policies for the organization
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum 10 years’ leadership and financial management experience
- Must possess sound business judgment and be able to think strategically in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational abilities are required
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a leadership team
- Demonstrated leadership and knowledge of other operational/ support functions are necessary
- Displays an overall aptitude for negotiation and dispute resolution skills and leads team members by example and practices good time management
- Demonstrative leadership qualities and the ability to coordinate large groups of people through remote management techniques are essential
If you are an experienced leader who has proven ability in both effectively leading a team, and leading the financial function for a complex organization, we want to hear from you. This is an amazing opportunity with a great team. Apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email