Senior Software Developer - Drupal
Reference # JG-14117
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with resulta, a multidisciplinary team of marketing and technology explorers, to recruit for their Senior Software Developer (Drupal) role in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
At resulta you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. As the ideal candidate, you will be driven by the prospect of solving the most daunting business problems.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will use your problem-solving skills to write well-designed, testable, and efficient code. Together with your team you will architect new website features and help maintain existing high-traffic websites that they service for their clients.
You’re passionate about building scalable products, adhering to high-quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You’re a self-starter who enjoys autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from their office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with team members to build new websites, add website features and port Drupal 7 sites to Drupal 8/9;
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing such as pair programming;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, graphic design, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS;
- Code website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic;
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
- 5+ years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Experience building Drupal 7/8 websites, including, but not limited to: theme and module development, hooks, views, taxonomies, custom content types, etc.;
- Experience coding in PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Experience in front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS;
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs;
- Experience with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
resulta offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone – Android or IOS.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email