Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Nova Scotia
Leveraging over 45 years of experience, BioVectra has become a leading supplier of custom active pharmaceutical ingredients to the North American and European Markets. As a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) they serve pharmaceutical and biotech companies with full-service cGMP outsourcing solutions for intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). Known for developing niche capabilities tailored to handle their client’s unique projects, we are currently partnering with them to recruit an Engineering Manager to join their team in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
The Engineering Manager will oversee the Engineering department, ensuring the planning, design, implementation, and commissioning of capital projects meets the organization’s objectives. Leading a team of engineers and technicians, this position will work to evaluate the status of the current team and identify opportunities for training and development ultimately enabling a broader scope of work to be done in house. Additionally, this position will engage interdisciplinary stakeholders in project development, design, review and execution and communicate effectively across the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing capital projects related to facility and process upgrades; facilitating the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables, project tasks and resource requirements; assigning project staff; overseeing approval of changes and provide intervention to achieve project outputs; performing project evaluations and close-out.
- Providing engineering and project management expertise and leadership to ensure the facility and process equipment installation and commissioning activities are occurring on budget and schedule.
- Managing the engineering design, specifications, calculations, budgets, plans, schedules, estimates and reports for multiple capital projects per the corporate capital program
- Leading the engineering and commissioning team to ensure project delivery on time and on budget, meeting scope and quality objectives, and maintaining a cost-effective management of resources.
- Ensuring the Engineering Department uses internal and external resources appropriately and in the best cost-effective manner, consistent with company goals and budgets.
- Providing support to the organization to identify capital projects, prepare preliminary evaluations, estimates, and refinement of scope, to meet the organization’s long term objectives.
- Providing timely staff performance reviews; identifying skill or knowledge gaps and determining the best form of training to achieve optimal results to capitalize on employee’s strengths
As the Engineering Manager you have experience leading the mechanical capital construction processes in an industrial manufacturing environment. Your leadership experience and ability to identify training needs in your team allow you to build the capability of your staff, and you have been recognized for your ability to communicate clearly and effectively with those around you. You excel in a constantly changing manufacturing environment and have demonstrated your exceptional project management skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 15+ years engineering experience in manufacturing with experience in instrumentation and controls
- Experience leading capital projects from start up to implementation, including contractor management
- People management experience with demonstrated team development, performance management and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with project control techniques like financial analysis, project planning and appraisal, financing and risk management
- Demonstrated leadership, with proven problem solving and decision-making skills, and providing direction across a cross-functional work group
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of current safety legislation and dedication to a safe work ethic.
By joining BioVectra, you will be part of a great platform for personal and professional development and have the opportunity to continuously learn. The organization is growing, giving you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, and this location has a diverse team committed to excellence. Additionally, the impact of the work BioVectra does is far spread and employees often point to how engaged this makes them feel.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email