Bilingual Legal Project Manager
Bilingual Legal Project Manager
Reference # AC-14085
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client, a global business law firm, to recruit a Bilingual Legal Project Manager. The firm has more than 3500 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities worldwide.
The Legal Project Management (“LPM”) function provides support for client engagements by scoping for commercial proposals and managing the matters effectively during the engagement. You will be responsible for specific client portfolios and engagements. The role is both business and client facing and will require frequent contact with key stakeholders, senior colleagues and clients. The role reports directly to the Senior Legal Project Manager and forms part of the wider pricing and LPM function. This role can be located in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver offices.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop specific client matter project and portfolio documentation and reports, including preparation of and reviewing financial analysis and project metrics
• Assist relationship partners in developing budgets and work plans for new and existing legal matters
• Participate in pitch opportunities involving potential new mandates
• Lead budget and forecast preparation for various clients and individual matters
• Review, analyze and forecast monthly and yearly financial results and explain significant variances to clients and internal stakeholders
• Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting for client engagements
• Monitor and track legal team activities and provide on-going updates to ensure that the legal mandates meet firm standards and client expectations
• Identify, manage and mitigate risks on legal matters; manage changes in scope
• Liaise with our clients as well as our lawyers, pricing, finance and business development professionals
• Assist on other special projects as needed
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a similar capacity in a legal or professional services firm or previous experience as a practicing lawyer or paralegal
• Minimum Bachelor's degree required
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently by using sound judgement, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
• Excellent client service orientation and mind-set
• Flexibility to work remotely with a global team
• Establish effective working relationships with colleagues in other service areas and offices
• Comfortable working with and leading teams of partners, associates and other legal personnel
• Use appropriate judgement in dealing with issues and client demands by demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritize work, balance resource requirements and determine solutions
• PMP, CAPM certification or comparable experience managing matters
• Bilingualism would be considered an asset
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), Visio and project management software; able to learn new applications quickly. SAP and SharePoint knowledge a plus
• Experience with enterprise reporting systems, financial analysis and reporting considered a strong asset
• A high level of computer literacy and competence
• Strong presentation skills
• Good problem solver with a logical and methodical approach to issues
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, martial status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org and 647-336-1416
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email