Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Technician
Hydraulic Cylinder and Repair Technician
Labrador City, NL (Fly-in/Fly out rotation optional)
Reference # JAG - 14076
Our client, a privately-owned manufacturing and construction company based in Labrador City, is currently searching for a Hydraulic Cylinder and Repair Technician to join the team in Labrador City, NL. This position is offering a fly-in/fly-out rotation to Labrador City from locations within Atlantic Canada.
Reporting to the shop Manager, the Hydraulic Cylinder and Repair Technician performs inspection, testing and repairs of various hydraulic cylinders. Key Responsibilities for this role include:
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area
• Complete a Take5 hazard assessment for each job assigned
• Participate in the safety program and daily safety objective assignments
• Perform general hydraulic cylinder repairs
• Diagnose hydraulic malfunctions using testing equipment to determine extent of repair required and record scope of repairs
• Disassembly and assembly of hydraulic cylinder components
• Completion of failure analysis of hydraulic cylinder
• Capturing data of work and repairs performed
• Measuring and sourcing of parts and seals
• Testing of repaired cylinders
• Assisting with daily toolbox and job planning meeting
• Assisting the Manager in review and development standard operation procedures
We are seeking an individual with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a similar environment with knowledge and understanding of hydraulic systems. Post-secondary education or training in heavy equipment repair would be considered an asset. You take pride in the work you do and are dedicated to ensuring the highest quality results. Your initiative and attention to detail has led to your proven success as a technician and your positive and focused attitude helps motivate those around you leading to successful completion of daily tasks. You are a team player, willing to work on various products and tasks and take overtime opportunities as required. A valid driver’s license is required.
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. For more information, contact Julie Gorman at 709.722.6810. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our website: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, visit www.kbrs.ca.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email