Reference # HL-14068
Are you looking to be a part of a well-established organization that is experiencing exciting growth? Our client operates with passion, dedication and vision and we are looking for an Assistant Controller to join their team in beautiful Cap-Pelé, NB, a short commute from Moncton, NB. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for the costing procedures, inventory management, month end close responsibilities, and reconciliations while providing ad-hoc analysis to the team. This role supports the company’s accounting function through problem solving and continuous development. This is a great opportunity for a designated accountant interested in playing a lead role in a growing organization.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Participating in month end financial reporting activities including accounting entries, variance analysis, and preparation of management reports.
- Managing cost accounting, analyzing and reconciling root causes of inventory discrepancies and explaining variances related to inventory control and cost adjustments.
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations and assisting with periodic audits.
- Overseeing administration and accounting of capital assets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- In the final stages or recently designated CPA, coupled with relevant post secondary education.
- Strong technical skills with ability to manage, interpret, and present data.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions.
- Effective trouble shooting and issue resolution capabilities, someone who can ‘roll up their sleeves’.
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, efficient and organized.
- Strong ERP systems skills and MS Office proficiency.
- Bilingual (French and English) a definite asset.
This is a great opportunity to join an organization focused on growth and excellence in their industry. If this sounds like the opportunity and organization for you, Apply Now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email