Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reference #: AM-14048
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with JMJ Maritimes Limited to recruit a Regional Manager to join the team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
JMJ Holdings Limited is a Newfoundland based, General Contracting and Construction Management organization who’s mission is to provide high quality, client orientated construction services, resulting in successful projects and long term relationships. Operating since 2003, JMJ Holdings Limited has provided exceptional construction management services in commercial, institutional and light industrial sectors of varying sizes and complexity.
As a newly created division, JMJ Maritimes Limited is a key part of expansion plans into the Nova Scotian construction market. The Regional Manager will be essential to the successful start and continued growth of this established organization as it looks to continue to understand each client’s particular needs and deliver construction services that will add value to their projects here in Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Regional Manager will provide construction and business expertise, dependable oversight, and hands on project management throughout the lifecycle of private, commercial, and institutional projects in Nova Scotia utilizing a variety of project delivery systems such as design build, general contractor or construction management. You will be responsible for managing the client’s interest in multiple project activities for the duration of the construction, including costs, estimating, schedule, quality, as well as fostering and maintaining positive relations and communication with partners, consultants, architects and subcontractors. This role is an ideal fit if you are driven with an entrepreneurial mindset and get excited at the thought of building more than just structures.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Responsible for business development and project pursuits, working collaboratively with the team to secure new clients and new work, including the preparation of proposals and presentations;
- Contributes to the completion of plans and specifications for the construction, renovation or improvement of a variety of commercial, institutional and light industrial projects;
- Leads the Project Kick-Off to ensure plans are in place for revenue and quality targets as well as managing the overall performance of projects including service, revenue, and quality;
- Responsible for the overall relationship with clients, monitoring client satisfaction and following up or taking initiative when needed;
- Assist project team and responsible for developing budgeting and timelines for projects, and manage project costs throughout the construction process;
- Contribute to growing local office through hiring and mentoring team.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated a level of business acumen and construction knowledge acquired through at least 10 years of hands on construction project management experience and have proven success managing budgets between $1 - $35 million dollars. You apply strong project management principals, have exceptional organizational and time management skills, and enjoy working both independently and in collaborative teams to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once. The ideal candidate will have a great ability to build and maintain local connections and relationships. In return for your skill set and experience you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package and as well as the opportunity to grow your career.
Your qualifications will include:
- 10+ years of project management experience in the construction industry within plans & spec, design build, construction management or in the general contractor environment;
- Strong understanding of the construction market in Atlantic Canada as well as familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with strong understanding of the challenges of a start-up environment;
- Strong client management skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships within Atlantic Canada;
- Experience responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications;
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects including private sector, commercial, institutional and light industrial;
- Proven ability to lead and mentor teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organization, coordination, and leadership skills;
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email