Reference # AM-14047
Atlantic Canada is seeing significant increases in the development of new mixed use residential, institutional and healthcare buildings so Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with FBM to recruit a Senior Architectural Technologist as they continue to grow their team to keep up with the demand. This opportunity is based out of Halifax, NS.
FBM boasts an impressive portfolio of award-winning architectural projects achieved over its 100-year history in Atlantic Canada and are renowned for service excellence in the built environment. FBM staff thrive in a collaborative culture and dedicated work environment.
FBM has developed an excellent reputation from their high-profile work, and they have an extensive portfolio that comprises a wide range of projects. In return for the experience you bring, you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with the benefits and support of a well-established and supportive architecture firm. In addition to these incentives, FBM offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare working drawings and detail drawings for projects including drawings for tender, detailing, and construction documentation through to deliverables issued for development and building permit, using various drafting technologies;
- Work with the project team to deliver project documentation requirements;
- Creation of presentation graphics and drawings;
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports as well as assisting with site reviews during Contract Administration services through to the project construction phase;
- Offer building science and construction methodologies knowledge to create innovative solutions to complex design challenges.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you are a natural with technology and have a good knowledge of building envelope and building construction techniques. You are the type of person who enjoys collaborating with others on project challenges, are self-motivated, and you like to figure out how to “make it work”. Above all, your attention to detail and strong work ethic have allowed you to enjoy success while participating in numerous projects.
- 5+ years of experience creating construction drawings and 3D models using Revit and AutoCAD in a variety of project types including mixed-use residential, institutional or healthcare;
- Post-secondary education in a recognized technical or architectural program;
- Demonstrated passion for the built environment along with strong technical knowledge of building science and construction details;
- Proficiency with BIM Technology, Sketchup or Adobe Suite would be an asset.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email