Warehouse Lead Hand
Warehouse Lead Hand
Blandford, Nova Scotia
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Cedar Bay Grilling Company to recruit a Warehouse Lead Hand to join their team in Blandford, Nova Scotia
Tucked away on the South Shore Nova Scotia is Cedar Bay Grilling Company, a locally operated organization producing a wide range of frozen salmon products. Over the years Cedar Bay Grilling has been the recipient of multiple awards from a number of groups for bringing the best of Atlantic Canada to homes around the world.
As the Warehouse Lead Hand, you will prepare orders for shipment to customers and verify items received against the bill of lading. Additionally, you will help plan and oversee the cold storage warehouse, manage and organize inventory as well as maintain accurate data required for the inventory and quality management systems. Your communication skills and good work ethic will be valued in this environment and you will have the opportunity to interact with a variety of stakeholders. In return for the skillset and expertise you bring you will be given a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all shipping and receiving tasks and priorities such as loading/unloading trucks in coordination with operations and production including using a forklift or pallet jack for moving product, palletizing product and wrapping pallets;
- Complete daily reports, ensure paperwork is accurate and orders are tracking to schedule and deliveries, highlight potential areas of concern and identifying possible solutions;
- Perform inventory counts, update inventory software and track product movement;
- Work in a safe and diligent manner in order to prevent personal injury or product damage;
- Maintaining a clean and organized warehouse;
- Other duties as assigned.
You will have the following qualitications:
As the ideal candidate you have experience with warehouse operations, inventory management and familiarity with receiving and shipping documentation. As a safety conscious individual, you ensure your work follows company safety standards and you take pride in keeping the workplace running safely, effectively and in compliance with established food and quality standards. If you enjoy independence, being hands-on with your work, are self-motivated and have great communication skills, this would be a great opportunity for you. By joining Cedar Bay Grilling you will be joining a growing organization that will allow you to learn and develop your skills and experience and build your career.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a warehouse environment;
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Word is an asset;
- Ability to work well independently and self-motivated;
- Interest and ability to perform strenuous physical activity including lifting 50lbs routinely, as well as standing, bending, twisting and walking safely while carrying product;
- Must be able to work in cold temperatures as a lot of this position will be working in the freezer that operates at minus 18 degrees Celsius;
- Previous forklift experience is required.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email