Reference # TP- 14009
At LuminUltra our purpose is to change the world's understanding of how microbes impact our water. The world's water is at risk, are you ready to make a difference?
We are a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help companies and organizations all over the world with their water quality monitoring needs. We do this not only from our HQ in Fredericton, New Brunswick but from our satellite operations in Washington, Paris, London and Melbourne, AU. We need a driven person to support the Operations Team as our company grows. If you are up for the challenge, apply to join our winning team.
As an 8-time recipient of the Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada award, an Atlantic Canada Top 101 company since 2013, and the 2012 New Brunswick Exporter of the Year, our solutions are used around the world in a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, best-in-class partners and a solid foundation, LuminUltra is looking to add new, talented ‘A players’ that can help to write the next chapter in our rapid growth trajectory.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Operation Team, reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Logistics Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee on-time and on-budget delivery of inbound procured products including the matching of goods received and paid with purchase orders for all goods ordered.
- Project production requirements and maintain inventory levels per sales forecasts to balance impact on cash flow and minimize variances.
- Lead the development & implementation of procurement processes to be fully integrated with the company's QMS and ERP systems, and consolidate all company purchasing activities into one centralized procurement services organization.
- Ensure 100% compliance with company's Delegation of Authority (DoA) policy and procedures.
- Oversee strong supplier network c/w backup suppliers and routinely negotiate supplier contracts to ensure company is not competitively disadvantaged.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal customers (e.g. production, sales).
- Drive supplier quality programs and score cards to achieve zero NCR's on procured products.
- Analyze company’s purchasing trends to develop and implement cost reduction strategies involving cross functional teams to achieve year-over-year cost reduction goals.
- Meet and exceed operating budgets and cost-of-goods sold targets.
- Prepare documents for shipping, including customs documents.
- Research trade and logistics requirements for entry into new countries.
- Assist with processing orders received via email or telephone.
- Prepare invoices to be sent to customers.
- Maintain/update Free Trade Agreements and create origin verification documents.
- Manage export permit applications.
- Manage CARNETS applications.
- Maintain/update all regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, TSCA, FCC, IATA.
- Manage Chamber of Commerce origin documents and applications
- Administrative functions associated with day-to-day operations tasks.
- Data entry and manipulation to support purchasing, production, warehouse management, fulfillment and other related functions.
- Drive capacity-building activities to improve throughput and profitability.
- Coordinate, participate and/or assist with improvement projects and activities as directed.
- Maintain, organize, and store company files and records.
- High school or college education required.
- 2-5 years experience in a similar logistics role.
- Process improvement experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, represent the organization, act decisively and influence colleagues.
- Document management experience, preferably using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience using Sage50 and Salesforce CRM an asset.
- Must be customer service oriented, prior experience in customer service a strong asset.
- High attention to detail and accuracy is required.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email