Laboratory Services Manager
Laboratory Services Manager
Reference # AM-13990
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Services Manager to join their team of passionate and talented individuals.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Services and Customer Experience Team, reporting to the Senior Director of Services and Customer Experience, the Laboratory Services Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Improve customer experience from order to delivery of the service.
- Supervise day-to-day operations in the laboratory.
- Assist in the testing of client samples and the generation of client reports.
- Participate in the development and commercialization of new service offerings.
- Create effective laboratory service procedures, policies, and standards.
- Develop key performance indicators and coordinate with the team to meet them on a steady basis.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records and documentation in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Hire, train, and develop staff.
- Manage the approved department budget.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- 5-8 years’ proven experience in a laboratory management position.
- Experience with real-time PCR, qPCR, and NGS is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Superb laboratory techniques and skills.
- Experience working in an ISO9001 or similar environment would be an asset.
- WHMIS Certified.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email