Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reference # HL-13965
Are you a skilled and resourceful administrative professional looking to join a respected and well-established team? We are working on an exciting opportunity with our client, Halifax Regional Municipality Pension Plan (HRM Pension Plan), in downtown Halifax. The HRM Pension Plan Office is a busy and growing office dedicated to the effective operation of a $2 billion pension plan serving approximately 12,000 plan members. On behalf of the HRM Pension Plan we are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant who values attention to detail and is driven to deliver exceptional work. While providing administrative support to leadership, the Pension Committee and the broader team, the Executive Assistant will ensure that office operations run smoothly and efficiently.
Responsible for a variety of office functions, the Executive Assistant will support the CEO and the Pension Committee and work closely with the office team to deliver outstanding service to internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for someone who has an aptitude for systems and software and who is a self starter with the resourceful nature to find the answer to a question or solution to an issue.
Key responsibilities in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to inquiries to the Pension Office for the CEO in a professional customer focused and timely manner
- Maintaining the CEO’s electronic calendar, arranging appointments, meetings, travel and conference calls
- Coordinating materials required for Pension Committee meetings. Preparing the draft agenda and coordinating the distribution of Pension Committee meeting packages
- Scheduling and coordinating Pension Committee meetings
- Attending Pension Committee meetings and taking accurate minutes and recording attendance
- Creating action items arising out of all Pension Committee meetings and minutes and pursuing each item through effective follow up with Pension Office staff
- Accurately maintaining all Pension Plan records
- Managing and tracking travel arrangements to training and conferences for Pension Committee members and Pension Office staff. Maintaining all facets of relationship with travel service provider
- Maintaining the Halifax Regional Municipality Pension Plan website
- Processing and distributing office mail and courier packages. Maintaining and ordering office supplies/equipment
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or certificate in office administration, plus 2-3 years’ experience in an executive office environment (a suitable combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience in a pension office and pension industry knowledge would be an asset
- Experience taking meeting minutes
- Knowledge in web page authoring an asset or willingness to take training
- Strong organizational skills and sound understanding of standard office procedures
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written to deal effectively with all stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting where priorities are subject to change
If you are someone with a passion for administration and enjoy working with others who value providing excellent client service, this could be the opportunity for you. Apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email