Reference # HL-13962
Our client is a well established, and privately-held organization comprised of numerous brands across Canada and the United States. Founded 50 years ago, they are a recognized leader in their industry and have received numerous awards for customer service, safety and innovation. Their group of companies have grown by providing excellent service to clients within their industries.
We are currently working on an exciting opportunity for a professional accountant to join their accounting team reporting to the Manager of Operational Accounting. Working at the corporate office based in Dartmouth, the Senior Accountant will work closely with all levels of the organization including senior management to produce high quality day to day accounting, including reconciliation and analyzing of multiple divisions.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Reconciling, analyzing and maintaining various GL accounts and sub ledgers
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting
- Preparation of analytical working papers
- Assisting with compliance audits/reviews as well as quarter and year end reporting
- Assisting with various accounting projects and initiatives
- Providing assistance with inquiries from internal and external customers and vendors
- Developing ad-hoc reports for stakeholders as requested
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years accounting experience coupled with post secondary education in a related field
- CPA designation is considered an asset
- Proficient written and verbal communication, ability to work independently in a fast paced work environment and the ability to prioritize are skills vital to the role
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external customers
- High level of motivation and energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
Our client is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.They offer comprehensive cost shared health and dental benefits, group RRSP matching and professional development support for maintaining professional designations. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, and analytical accountant who has a can-do attitude and who values resourcefulness. If you like to dig deeper into the numbers and operations of an organization and thrive in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email