Reference # AC-13953
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with a well established brand serving the Region of Durham and surrounding areas for over 30 years, to recruit a Manager for their Whitby, ON location.
They specialize in Accounting Services – Owner Managed businesses. They help entrepreneurs that own and operate small to medium sized businesses. The client base ranges from professional partnerships and owner-operated small businesses to distributors, software developers, real estate companies, car dealerships, manufacturers and not-for-profit organizations. Along with providing different services like Auditing and Accounting, Financial and Income Tax planning, they have been contributing to the community by volunteering and sponsoring Durham Community Foundation, Hearth Place, etc.
In this role you will be challenged, mentored and supported as you grow as a professional. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships with our clients and providing outstanding client service.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Effectively and independently manage audit, review and compilation engagements, and deliver complete product to the partner or client on a timely basis
• Review of personal, trust and corporate tax returns and other tax reporting forms
• Tax planning and tax research
• Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance indicators, business trends, and the emerging technical and industry developments
• Responsible for identifying and resolving complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues
• Support the development of junior staff accountants via mentoring, coaching, performance appraisals and on-the-job training
• Communicate with all (junior staff, managers, partners and clients) on progress and delivery timelines; prepare engagement budgets and monitor efficiencies
• Identify opportunities for increasing business and adding value with new and existing clients
• 3(+) years of relevant post-designation experience in a public accounting firm with exposure to tax, audit, review and compilation engagements
• Experience in preparation of T1’s, T2’s and T3’s
• Strong technical ASPE accounting and tax skills
• Computer proficient; working knowledge and experience in a variety of software applications including CaseWare Working Papers, Taxprep and tax research software
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to organize, prepare and clearly present information to our clients and team
To express interest in this opportunity please apply on l in e b y clicking “Ap p l y No w ” below .
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Adam Creaghan at acreaghan.kbrs.ca. Please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Adam Creaghan know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you
are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email