Reference # AM-13917
At LuminUltra our purpose is to change the world's understanding of how microbes impact our water. The world's water is at risk, are you ready to make a difference?
We are a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help companies and organizations all over the world with their water quality monitoring needs. We do this not only from our HQ in Fredericton, New Brunswick but from our satellite operations in Washington, Paris, London and Melbourne, AU. We need a driven person to support the Research, Development, and Commercialization Team, as we launch new products. If you are up for the challenge, apply to join our winning team.
As an 8-time recipient of the Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada award, an Atlantic Canada Top 101 company since 2013, and the 2012 New Brunswick Exporter of the Year, our solutions are used around the world in a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, best-in-class partners and a solid foundation, LuminUltra is looking to add new, talented ‘A players’ that can help to write the next chapter in our rapid growth trajectory.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Operations Team, reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, the Plant Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations at the manufacturing facility
- Oversee all levels of staff activity and performance in shipping / receiving, production, kitting, packaging and warehouse / inventory management
- Working with corporate process and functional leads, develop people, processes and tools to increase productivity, reduce waste and enhance overall performance
- Ensure “safety first” and compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Screen, interview and manage the onboarding process of new hires
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance programs to ensure >99% uptime during normal production hours
- Ensure full compliance with facility regulatory standards
- Control operating costs to achieve company budget goals
- Achieve planned production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Consistent compliance with record keeping pertaining to QA / QC, ERP, production records and other transactions
- Drive continuous improvement cadence through KPI measurement, variance analysis and implementation of resulting change projects
- Stay up to date with latest production trends, best practices, and technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 8+ years proven experience leading high volume production and packaging operations
- Experience in food & beverage, pharmaceutical or other high volume fluid products manufacturing
- Good understanding of Health and Safety programs and other regulatory requirements
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, ERP systems, and other relevant software platforms
- Familiar with operating manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently
- Aptitude for equipment troubleshooting and maintenance
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email