Reference # TP -- 13882
At LuminUltra our purpose is to change the world's understanding of how microbes impact our water. The world's water is at risk, are you ready to make a difference?
We are a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing high-tech products and services to help companies and organizations all over the world with their water quality monitoring needs. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, we are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne, AU. We need a driven person to support the R&D Team in our Baltimore Office as our company grows. If you are up for the challenge, apply to join our winning team.
Our best-in-class solutions are used around the world in a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, best-in-class partners and a solid foundation, LuminUltra is looking to add new, talented ‘A players’ that can help to write the next chapter in our rapid growth trajectory.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, based in Baltimore, Maryland reporting to the VP, Product Development, the Bioinformatics Scientist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the in silico design and characterization of new molecular assays for infectious disease based on qPCR and related technologies (e.g. isothermal, NGS).
- Lead the development of novel software tools and pipelines to speed new molecular assay development thereby reducing time from concept to wet-testing to market.
- Support R&D team with the development of scripts to streamline calculations and project management.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD.
- Strong background in bioinformatics, mathematics, and computer programming.
- Experience in analyzing large sets of DNA and RNA sequence data.
- Experience using publicly available bioinformatics tools such as BLAST, Primer3, etc.
- Experience programming in Python, R, or similar required.
- Experience developing algorithms preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have background in molecular or microbiology.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Remote candidates anywhere in the US or Canada will be considered.
LuminUltra offers the following benefits for this full-time position:
- Flexible paid vacation.
- Paid flex time to accommodate sick time and personal appointments.
- Generous bonus program.
- Opportunity for professional development and training.
- Medical and Dental benefits (partially paid by company).
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Laura Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-284-8442. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Laura know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email