Production Scientist / Lab Technician
Production Scientist / Lab Technician
Reference # AM-13876
At LuminUltra our purpose is to change the world's understanding of how microbes impact our water. The world's water is at risk, are you ready to make a difference?
We are a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help companies and organizations all over the world with their water quality monitoring needs.
Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, we are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne, AU. We need a driven person to support the Operations Team as our company grows. If you are up for the challenge, apply to join our winning team.
Our best-in-class solutions are used around the world in a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, best-in-class partners and a solid foundation, LuminUltra is looking to add new, talented ‘A players’ that can help to write the next chapter in our rapid growth trajectory.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Operations Team, the Production Scientist / Lab Technician (1 Year Term) will have the following responsibilities:
- Operating production equipment (automated reagent dispensing/capping/labelling machine).
- Perform aspects of reagent production and laboratory maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Equipment cleaning.
- Reagent batch preparation, routine testing and sampling using specified methodologies.
- Quality assurance testing and monitoring.
- Reagent dispensing, packaging, labelling, and record keeping.
- Physical inspections, in-process testing, equipment calibrations.
- Purified water system operation and maintenance, general housekeeping, and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain lab supplies and raw material inventory.
- Assist with internal procedures.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Troubleshooting, logging NCR reports, performing root cause analysis, implementing corrective actions.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and LuminUltra Technologies’ QMS.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Biology is required.
1-2 years’ laboratory experience is required. 3-5 years’ work experience in a manufacturing or production setting is an asset.
- Knowledge of chemistry principles, calculations, and lab hygiene best practices would be an asset.
- Technically inclined and willingness to complete planned and unplanned maintenance on lab and production equipment is a must.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Mechanical, hands-on experience in process optimization.
- Internal auditing experience would be considered an asset.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email