Senior R&D Scientist
Senior R&D Scientist
Reference # TP – 13870
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Senior R&D Scientist to join their team of passionate and talented individuals.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, based in Baltimore, Maryland reporting to the VP, Product Development, the Senior R&D Scientist will have the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute towards the development of new molecular diagnostics testing tools for infectious disease and industrial microbiology.
- Optimize and validate qPCR and other molecular assays.
- Design and lead projects focused on the purification of new enzymes and other raw materials for diagnostic use.
- Contribute to general laboratory maintenance and best practices.
- Participation in generating and maintaining product documentation and training materials.
- Mentor less experienced scientists in analyzing data and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Recent PhD or a M.S. in Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- 1 – 3 years of work experience.
- Documented experience in a molecular biology laboratory.
- Experience with real-time PCR or related technologies is preferred.
- Experience in protein expression and purification is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Committed to doing whatever it takes to get the job done, we are a small team so you will be asked to wear many hats.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Laura Fair, Consultant, at 857.284.8442 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Laura know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email