Equipment Designer – Prototyping
Equipment Designer - Prototyping
Reference # TP - 13869
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for an Equipment Designer – Prototyping to join their team of passionate and talented individuals.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, based in Baltimore, Maryland reporting to the VP, Product Development, the Equipment Designer - Prototyping will have the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and rapid prototype new plasticware and other consumables as well as non-consumable items for use in diagnostic testing.
- Use rapid prototyping tools such as 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC machining, and/or related technologies.
- Use SolidWorks (or similar) for design work.
- Improve customer experience through the development of new components that simplify use of our molecular diagnostic kits.
- Contribute to the design of new equipment and devices.
- Solve complex problems through new components.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Documented experience in designing and prototyping mechanical products.
- Be able to provide a portfolio of design/prototyping work.
- Extensive hands on experience with prototyping tools such as 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC machining, and/or related technologies is required.
- Experience using SolidWorks or similar software is required.
- Experience in basic or advanced electronics (e.g. Arduino) preferred.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Laura Fair, Consultant, at 857.284.8442 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Laura know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email