Bioinformatics Scientist (FT, Permanent)
Reference # TP - 13868
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join their team of passionate and talented individuals.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s R&D Team, based in Baltimore, Maryland reporting to the VP, Product Development, the Bioinformatics Scientist will have the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the in silico design and characterization of new molecular assays for infectious disease based on qPCR and related technologies (e.g. isothermal, NGS).
- Lead the development of novel software tools and pipelines to speed new molecular assay development thereby reducing time from concept to wet-testing to market.
- Support R&D team with the development of scripts to streamline calculations and project management.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD.
- Strong background in bioinformatics, mathematics, and computer programming.
- Experience in analyzing large sets of DNA and RNA sequence data.
- Experience using publicly available bioinformatics tools such as BLAST, Primer3, etc.
- Experience programming in Python, R, or similar required.
- Experience developing algorithms preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have background in molecular or microbiology.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Remote candidates anywhere in the US or Canada will be considered.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Laura Fair, Consultant, at 857.284.8442 or email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Laura know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email