Equipment Services Technician
Equipment Services Technician
Reference # AM-13851
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Equipment Services Technician to join their team of passionate and talented individuals.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Equipment Services Team, the Equipment Services Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Assemble portable devices within the product line, including preparation all components of devices, building sub-assemblies, testing throughout the assembly process, and packaging of equipment after final assembly;
- Ensure equipment meets all necessary quality standards, and participate in the ISO 9001 Quality Management System;
- Maintain and track inventory of hardware components, ensuring inventory levels are sufficient at all times,
- Use strong customer service skills for clients, providing them with technical support on equipment being used, ensuring any potential issues are resolved;
- When necessary, troubleshoot, test and repair and products returned by customers;
- Collaborate with Equipment Services team and other team members when necessary to ensure effective and efficient assembly of products and operational needs are being met;
- Maintain up to date records of all testing and quality assurance data;
- Provide support on other manufacturing and packaging related tasks as needed.
- Keep working areas clean and organized;
- Follow OH&S and other applicable policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating superior mechanical and electrical skills in a similar role is ideal;
- Education in an Electrical or Mechanical program preferred;
- Proven ability to assemble devices with great attention to detail while meeting quality standards;
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and handling sensitive materials is an asset;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity ability;
- Able to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment;
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and able to manage time effectively to meet demands and tight deadlines;
- Strong communication skills with a team-oriented mindset;
- Self-motivated and will take initiative to complete tasks with minimal direction, with a willingness to go above and beyond.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Keenan McGrath, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1148 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Keenan know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email