Reference # HL-13836
We are working on an exciting minimum year long term with our client, Halifax Regional Municipality Pension Plan (HRM Pension Plan), in Halifax. The HRM Pension Plan Office is a busy and growing office dedicated to the effective operation of a $2 billion pension fund serving approximately 11,000 plan members. Reporting to the Director of Plan Member Services, the Pension Assistant provides internal pension administrative support and front-line contact for general inquiries to the Pension Plan Office. This is a great opportunity for an administrative professional with a keen eye for detail, and exceptional client service skills.
The Pension Assistant will answer questions from plan members and ensure the effective flow of documentation for pension related events. They will also be responsible for updating information in the pension administration database, benefit payment processing, filing and other support services.
Additional responsibilities, among others, will include:
- Acting as primary contact for all incoming calls and visitors to the Pension Plan Office
- Providing excellent customer service by responding to plan member requests in a timely and accurate manner and referring more complex inquiries to senior staff
- Documenting member calls to provide necessary and detailed information for internal audit purposes and member satisfaction surveys
- Maintaining member and retiree electronic databases and paper-based files
- Completing, processing, and filing required documentation to start a new pension
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or certificate in a business-related discipline with at least one year administration experience (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Enrolment in the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist program and experience working in a pension office environment is an asset
- Proficiency in software systems (MS Office Suite, etc.)
- Experience with pension administration and benefit payment systems would be an asset
We are looking for someone who values providing exceptional client service, has excellent communication skills and who is able to deal effectively and professionally with all stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity for an administrative professional who has experience, or is looking to gain experience in pension administration. If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email