Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Administrative Assistant
Our client, a leading national law firm, has an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in their Advocacy Department, providing a variety of routine legal and administrative duties to one Partner and one Associate with an emphasis on securities litigation, regulatory matters and internal investigations.
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyer.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Transcription of dictations including statements of claim, statements of defence, factums, etc.
- Proofreading and editing documents and correspondence.
- Preparing and revising PowerPoint presentations.
- Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyer.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyer apprised of matters in office.
- Assembly of affidavits, application records, factums and books of authorities.
- Drafting of basic pleadings.
- Coordinating with process servers regarding service and filing of court materials.
- Coordinating with court officers regarding trial and application bookings and related court material filings.
- Drafting cover/service letters and coordinating delivery of documents.
- Coordinating and monitoring administrative functions to ensure completion of work accurately and within established time frames.
- Providing support to other lawyers and staff as required and requested.
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience as a legal assistant. Experience in securities and commercial litigation is required.
- Proficient in MS Office 365. Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet applications and digital dictation software.
- Knowledge of Automated Civil Litigation (ACL).
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional communication skills.
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Abhinav or Adam know.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant, or Abhinav Mathur at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-218-1134.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email