Director Of Human Resources
Director, Human Resources
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Reference # KS-13777
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with STELIA North America in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia to recruit a Director of Human Resources to join their Senior Leadership Team.
STELIA Aerospace North America Inc. (STELIA North America) is an advanced manufacturing facility which designs, develops and produces fibre reinforced composite products for the North American and European aeronautic, space and defence industries. They currently employ approximately 360 non-unionized employees in facilities in Lunenburg and Mill Cove, Nova Scotia as well as in Mirabel, Quebec.
Reporting operationally to the Managing Director for North America, and to the HR Director of STELIA Aerospace SAS, the Director of Human Resources sits on the Senior Leadership Team as a trusted advisor in building the HR vision and strategy, designing programs and policies and managing all operational HR processes for staff in Lunenburg and Mirabel, Quebec.
In alignment with STELIA Aerospace head office in France, and leading a small team in Lunenburg, the HR Director is responsible for recruitment, employee relations and recognition initiatives, Health and Safety, development and performance evaluation, as well as compensation and benefits and succession planning.
Priorities for the next Director, Human Resources:
- Build and executive recruitment strategy, including international recruitment, as well as engagement and retention initiatives for staff;
- Build and execute a training strategy for onboarding and continued professional development;
- Build relationships and coach management while facilitating the development of management skills internally;
- Develop elementary dashboard and KPIs for more strategic performance management and development;
- Review and renegotiate benefits contracts;
- Drive and deploy Ethics and Compliance policies as per STELIA Aerospace guidelines.
The next Director, Human Resources is a strong HR generalist with 10+ years of HR experience who enjoys recruitment, engagement and culture-building. You also bring the following qualifications:
- Degree in HR Management and/or CPHR and/or equivalent experience;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment;
- 5+ years experience managing a team of HR professionals;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills;
- Sound knowledge of employment standards and relevant legislation;
- Experience with recruiting and employer branding in a rural setting an asset;
- Spoken and/or written French an asset.
By joining STELIA Aerospace North America in Lunenburg, you will be part of a team that is committed to operating a business focused on customer satisfaction and growth. They accomplish this through timely delivery of high quality products and engagement of employees in a stimulating career. This is an organization that offers you work/life balance and a dynamic work environment. In exchange for the knowledge and experience you bring, you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation, benefits and pension package.
To apply online hit the Apply Now button below.
For more information contact Kevin Stoddart, Managing Partner, or Claire Holt, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com or 902-424-1105.
We will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please communicate your needs to any member of the recruitment team named above.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email