Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Reference # AC-13766
Our client, a leading international firm, is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join their team in their Toronto office.
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will be responsible for administering the overall payroll and compensation, including the biweekly payroll cycle and supporting the day-to-day activities of the Human Resource department.
- Act as subject matter expert and respond to general questions related to payroll, benefit and retirement programs.
- Process payroll including administer all changes relating to new hires, terminations, salary increases, promotions, transfers for all staff for all offices (Canada and US).
- Responsible for calculating, balancing and remitting of payroll deductions and statutory withholdings for all offices (Canada and US): source deductions (EI, CPP, Tax, EHT); United Way Deductions; Garnishments & Family Support Orders; Electronic transmission of payroll deposits; and, Electronic transmission of Pension & RRSP files to Sun Life.
- Coordinate Benefit plans for all offices (Canada and US) including: Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD; Medical and Dental; Executive Medicals; Optional Life policies; and, OHIP Replacement Coverage.
- Ensure employees are enrolled on time and into the correct benefit plans; orientate new employees on their coverage, and monitor the monthly benefit invoices, etc. Conduct employee education sessions; deliver new hire orientation to all employees.
- Administration of the day-to-day pension and Group RRSP/TFSA programs for all offices (Canada and US).
- Coordinate employee leave of absence (short-term and long-term disability) and return process for maternity leaves, associate secondment, and other paid or unpaid leaves.
- Process the taxable benefits related to firm programs.
- Support various departmental projects and initiatives as required.
- Canadian Payroll Association PCP designation or other equivalent formal payroll training/experience. Attained or working towards benefit or pension certification (CEBS) is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of payroll and benefits administration experience including disability management.
- Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) would be an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office product suite - which includes a strong working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong client service orientation combined with the ability to manage multiple client needs at the same time.
- Strong relationship and collaboration – able to work with tact, poise and discretion.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, efficient and organized.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" Button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Abhinav or Adam know.
For more information please contact Adam Creaghan at email@example.com or Abhinav Mathur at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-218-1134.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email