Reference # HL-13757
We are working on a great opportunity with our client, Fisherman’s Market, headquartered in Bedford, NS. Fisherman’s Market are a local and privately owned seafood harvesting, processing and distribution company, and have operated since 1948. They have a large and growing team in nine locations across Nova Scotia. They have experienced strong growth in sales and operations over the past 72 years and are proudly one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies". We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join their great team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Manager will assist in managing and directing the administration and accounting department for the corporate group. Responsibilities will include a combination of financial and statutory compliance reporting, plus the on-going maintenance of internal controls for various Nova Scotia locations. Duties, among others, will include:
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Managing the general ledger and financial reporting systems.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting and filing of all statutory reporting requirements and bank reporting requirements.
- Approving HST returns, WCB and fishers payroll deductions remittances to CRA.
- Providing financial reports, analysis and resolution to issues raised by executive management.
- Assist in managing year end financial and tax compliance reporting for external auditors and tax advisors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation coupled with a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
- Proven management and organizational skills and the ability to perform independently in a team environment.
- Solid analytical skills, demonstrating keen attention to detail and appreciation for the importance of exceptional customer service.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and strong general systems skills is required.
This is an amazing opportunity if you are looking for a role and a company that offers plenty of room and opportunity for growth and development. This would be a great step into industry for an accountant coming from public accounting practice. This isn’t an opportunity to be missed. We are looking for bright, technically strong accounting professionals. If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email