Senior Manager Of Quality
Senior Manager of Quality
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Precision BioLogic to recruit a Senior Manager of Quality to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In 1992, Precision BioLogic began developing an integrated line of high-quality frozen controls, calibrators and reagents – the CRYOcheck™ brand – for use in clinical coagulation laboratories. Through years of extensive collaboration with lab managers and technologists, they developed their range of innovative products to include in vitro diagnostics and expanded their distribution network beyond North America. Known for their integrity, simplicity, and relevance, their CRYOcheck products have become synonymous with quality and certainty in labs around the globe. Today, with their laboratory, biotech and pharmaceutical partners, they are developing new products to improve patient outcomes by addressing current and future challenges in the diagnosis and therapeutic monitoring of disease.
Reporting to the VP of Compliance and Product Development, the Senior Manager of Quality will participate and support the planning, implementation and oversight for quality activities within the organization. This includes overseeing the quality management system and processes, developing strategies to manage risk, regulatory compliance and drive business improvements, as well as promote continuous improvement within the company and collaborate with various stakeholders and departments to foster a culture of Quality. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to step into a mature Quality Assurance function and make an impact by helping take them to the next level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the company’s Quality Assurance department and processes, while having a focus on continuous improvement
- Implementing a new E-Quality Management System, allowing integration of multiple locations
- Providing leadership to the Quality Assurance team, acting as the subject matter expert on the fundamentals of Quality
- Ensuring QA audits are completed and meet appropriate standards
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance practices result in consistently superior and reliable products being produced
- Implementing procedures, guidelines and best practices to address and solve problems as they arise, finding solutions to mitigate the risk of similar problems in the future, as well as provide training to others as necessary.
This could be an ideal role for you if you are a passionate quality assurance professional with experience working within a medical device manufacturing environment. You are a forward-thinking person who can be an ambassador for interdepartmental collaboration, while also being a decision maker within the management team. You are looking for an opportunity to make an impact with your ability to be a leader and collaborate with others in order to drive change through strategic process improvement.
- A university degree in science or other related program, ideally with a focus on Management / Operations
- 10+ years’ experience owning the quality assurance function in a manufacturing environment, experience with manufacturing of in vitro diagnostics (IVD) or other complex medical devices is considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable standards (FDA 21CFR820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, Health Canada, etc)
- Proven experience leading process improvement and audit initiatives, demonstrating strong change management skills along with the ability to influence others
- Demonstrated experience with Quality Management programs and systems, experience with E-Systems considered a strong asset
- Must be a strong collaborator, helping others to see the whole picture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Keenan McGrath, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1148 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Keenan know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email