Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Pomerleau, one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada, to recruit a Project Manager to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Focused on creating partnerships based on respect and a belief in delivering excellence, Pomerleau offers construction services ranging from preconstruction design to the commissioning of building systems delivering medium to large-scale institutional, industrial, commercial, and civil engineering projects. Known for delivering on a variety of projects from convention centers to wastewater treatment plants, Pomerleau is passionate about their strong corporate culture and the state-of-the-art technologies they use to support construction.
As the Project Manager, you will put your problem-solving skills to work and recommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness and efficiency to ensure project excellence and productivity. Your people and communication skills will carry through to both inside and out of the organization, including with trade partner selection and coordination of their activities. Your financial management experience will be used to plan, manage and respect project budgets, costs and associated purchasing. Expertise in risk management will ensure any associated project risk is minimized. With your solution focused and team-oriented attitude, you will work with a collaborative team of construction professionals who match your drive for excellence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and provide project guidance on large scale ICI construction projects from start to completion;
- Develop and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team ensuring that completion dates and milestones are met;
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with team members, trade partners, consultants and clients to achieve the project goals and vision;
- Schedule site staff and construction activities to optimize productivity and meet deadlines;
- Oversee the financials of the project you are working on, while participating in and monitoring the budget, purchasing and other costs;
- Maintain open communication and strong working relationships with clients, consultants and other various stakeholders.
- Take steps to minimize any project risk and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are being met within your project.
This position could be an ideal fit if you have experience managing large and complex construction projects, have a successful track record of being solutions oriented, and are able to think quickly to find a way forward in a challenging situation. You take great pride in the quality of your work and have a strong commitment to ensuring a safe work environment. This is a great opportunity to advance your career with a company that has become one of Canada’s top General Contractors working on projects that will have an impact in Atlantic Canada.
- 10+ years of construction project management experience overseeing all components of large-scale ICI projects;
- A University Degree or Technology Diploma in Engineering required;
- Outstanding project leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence large project teams and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues to bring the project to successful completion;
- Strong knowledge of construction and project methodologies, financial management, as well as project management and scheduling software;
- Demonstrated leadership in Health, Safety and Environmental Protection on the project;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including contract negotiations;
- PMP designation is an asset;
- Some travel will be required for this position.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Keenan McGrath, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1148 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Keenan know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email