Administrator / Director Of Care
Administrator / Director of Care
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Meridia Recruitment Solutions is working with our client, PEI Atlantic Baptist Homes Inc. in the search for an Administrator/Director of Care for their 116-bed Nursing Home and 29-apartment Enriched Housing Facility. Atlantic Baptist Housing, its umbrella organization, is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing quality living to seniors in independent apartment living, enriched housing and in nursing home care. Serving 16 seniors’ residences in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, they believe in taking excellent care of seniors, through building communities, whether in quality living accommodations or in total nursing care.
Join PEI Atlantic Baptist Home as a passionate leader to oversee and manage the nursing program at this vibrant Long-Term Care community. As the leader of the team, the Administrator/Director of Care will manage the efficient use of human, physical and financial resources to provide high quality care for residents within budgetary constraints and legislative requirements. You will have an opportunity to develop partnerships with government, the community licensing board and inspectors, and enjoy a sense of accountability to make a meaningful impact on community care in the province. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer – Nursing Homes, the Administrator/Director of Care carries the ultimate responsibility for resident care.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
• Registered Nurse required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years’ management experience in health care and/or long-term care
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in long term care
• Current registration with a provincial College of Nurses
• Current CPR & First Aid Certificate
• Familiar with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills
• Holds Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Gerontology or willingness to attain
• Administrator Certification (CHA Learning), current enrollment, or willingness to attain
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity to make a substantial impact, or if you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, contact Shauna Quinlan, Consultant, Healthcare at email@example.com. To apply online, hit the "APPLY NOW" button below.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email