Vice President, Finance And Administration
Vice President, Finance and Administration
St. Andrews, NB
Reference # HL-13734
We are excited to announce a great opportunity with our client, The Atlantic Salmon Federation. The Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) is on a mission to conserve and restore wild Atlantic salmon and their ecosystems. Founded in 1948, the organization is comprised of two charitable entities, Atlantic Salmon Federation (Canada) and Atlantic Salmon Federation (US). Our activities include scientific research, education, freshwater habitat restoration, and evidence-based advocacy. ASF employs a team of 34 people, and maintain a headquarters in St. Andrews, NB, and satellite offices throughout Eastern Canada and Maine. Their organization is growing.
Now, on their behalf, we are seeking a Vice President of Finance and Administration to oversee financial and administrative activities of ASF (Canada) and ASF (US). Reporting to the President and CEO and playing an active role on the leadership team, responsibilities include:
- Overseeing ASF annual budget development and implementation.
- Overseeing ASF assets, including capital spending programs to maintain real estate, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Assisting with governance duties for ASF (Canada) and ASF (US), including liaising with various board committees and members of the boards in general.
- Coordinating the annual audit of ASF finances.
- Management of staff compensation and benefit programs.
- Supervision of finance and administration employees.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Current CPA designation (required).
- Significant experience at the senior management or executive level.
- Well developed communication skills.
- High level of integrity and conviction.
- Knowledge or experience of the rules governing charitable organizations is considered a valuable asset.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
If you’re a senior finance professional, interested in making a positive impact on the environment and the region’s ecosystem, then this is a great opportunity. Apply Now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email