Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Pomerleau, one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada, to recruit a Project Director to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Focused on creating partnerships based on respect and a belief in delivering excellence, Pomerleau offers construction services ranging from preconstruction design to the commissioning of building systems delivering medium to large-scale institutional, industrial, commercial, and civil engineering projects. Known for delivering on a variety of projects from convention centers to wastewater treatment plants, Pomerleau is passionate about their strong corporate culture and the state-of-the-art technologies they use to support construction.
The Project Director will be a leader who keeps project goals, execution, people and communication always top of mind. With your solution focused and team-oriented attitude, you will lead a collaborative team of construction professionals who match your drive for excellence. Using your client centric approach and established technical expertise, you will embrace the role of being a trusted leader for the team and steadfast advisor for clients to successfully execute every exciting and challenging project you lead.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and provide guidance on large scale ICI construction projects;
- Responsible for overseeing multiple projects, while directly managing large project teams including Project Managers, site staff and administrative support;
- Collaborate with the design team, other departments and various external consultants to ensure that the project is progressing as planned;
- Oversee project financials and scheduling;
- Maintain open communication and strong working relationships with clients, consultants and other various stakeholders.
This position could be an ideal fit if you have experience managing large and complex construction projects, have a successful track record of being solutions oriented, and able to think quickly to find a way forward in a challenging situation. You take great pride in the quality of your work and have a strong commitment to ensuring a safe work environment. This is a great opportunity to advance your career with a company that has become one of Canada’s top General Contractors working on projects that will have an impact in Atlantic Canada.
- 10+ years of construction project management experience overseeing all components of large-scale ICI projects;
- A University Degree or Technology Diploma in Engineering would be considered an asset;
- Outstanding project leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence large project teams and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues to bring the project to successful completion;
- Strong knowledge of construction and project methodologies, financial management, as well as project management and scheduling software;
- Demonstrated leadership in Health, Safety and Environmental Protection on the project;
Superior written and verbal communication skills, including contract negotiations;
- PMP designation is an asset;
- Some travel will be required for this position.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Keenan McGrath, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email