Reference # HL-13731
We are working on a great new accounting opportunity. Our client, the head office for Charm Diamond Centres (CJ Limited), is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team in Dartmouth, NS. CJ Limited is the largest independently owned Canadian jewellery company and is a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. If you are looking to make a difference in a newly created role and are up for a challenge this is the right opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions which include, among others:
- Creation and preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial reporting
- Analysis and continuous improvement of reporting to stakeholders
- Calculating variances from budget and prior year and reporting significant issues to management
- Internal controls analysis and recommendations
- Assisting with budgeting and cash flow management
- Assisting with year-end review and month end processes
- Designing and implementing new systems and process enhancements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in financial reporting, with post-secondary education in accounting or finance
- CPA designation considered an asset
- Proficient Excel and systems capabilities with experience using Epicor accounting software considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High level of attention to detail
We are looking for a dynamic and outgoing professional who values promoting a culture of continuous improvement and commitment to quality. Strong communication skills coupled with strong analytical skills are a must in this role. We are looking for someone who has experience leading a team of professionals and a friendly, energetic team player with a great attitude will excel in this role.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. Our client employs individuals without regard to race, age, religion, disability, gender or national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities with the recruitment and selection process.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email