Office Manager (Legal)
Office Manager (Legal)
Reference # AC-13726
Our client, a leading national law firm, has an immediate opening for an Office Manager to join their Vancouver office.
The Vancouver Office Manager is responsible for providing local operational and administrative oversight and guidance for the firm’s Vancouver office. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and working as a local resource to the COO and the other members of the senior management team, located in the Toronto office, the Vancouver Office Manager will provide feedback, supervision and hands on guidance as required to ensure that the various services needed by the office and any new initiatives being introduced by the management team are being delivered smoothly, to a high standard, and in a manner that meets the expectations of the senior management team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the other members of the senior management team to ensure that all services and initiatives related to the Vancouver office are being delivered consistent with agreed upon expectations and standards.
- Monitor all aspects of office operations and bring any problems, concerns, gaps, or opportunities for improvement to the attention of the COO and appropriate members of the senior management team.
- Assist the senior management team with the ongoing oversight and implementation of any initiatives, projects and procedures within the Vancouver office, as directed.
- Coach, train and evaluate performance of three direct reports.
- Serve as the main contact person for the lawyers and staff in the Vancouver office for all administrative and operational matters; facilitating solutions by taking ownership and working with the appropriate areas of the firm to address the requests.
- Serve as the main contact, when appropriate, for various outside vendors to facilitate effective communications and the delivery of required services in a quality and cost-effective manner.
- Review and authorize local expenditures and reimbursement requests, within the limits set by the COO or CFO.
- Be proactive in looking for and identifying areas and procedures that need improvement for the benefit of the Vancouver office and the firm at large.
- Ensure firm policies and procedures are followed and identify to the appropriate member of the firm’s senior management areas where they can be improved for the firm as a whole or for the Vancouver office in particular.
- Lead and coordinate social events and activities in the Vancouver office, as may be directed from time to the by the COO, Director of Business Development, Director of Human Resources or other member of the firm’s Senior Management.
- Monitor office morale and proactively work with members of the firm’s senior management to identify concerns or opportunities. Recommend and, upon approval, plan social events or initiatives that will help create and maintain a positive, respectful, professional and welcoming workspace.
- Take on any projects or specific tasks that may be requested from time to time.
- Bachelors or college degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 10 years of experience in managing office environments and office services, including a minimum of two years direct supervisory experience
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Exceptional problem recognition and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and drive change
- Ability to work independently and manage teams
- Hands-on approach to delivering projects, engaging with stakeholders, managing risks and issues. I.e. become the go to person / relationship manager.
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or Holly Green, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com and 647-480-1709 or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Holly know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email