Interim Assistant Controller
Interim Assistant Controller
Reference # HL-13723
Our client is a leader in their field and manufactures products used globally by their clients. They do extremely interesting work and they are looking for an Interim Controller to join their finance and administration team. This is a term position that will continue into the fall of 2020. We are looking for someone with a minimum of three years’ progressive accounting experience in a manufacturing or related industry ideally. If you enjoy challenging work with potential career growth opportunities, this is the opportunity for you. Reporting to the Financial Controller. The Assistant Controller ensures the company’s finance function is organized, efficient and produces accurate financial information. They are responsible for ensuring financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems are followed.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for the ongoing monitoring of systems, processes and internal controls and supporting the Financial Controller in the following functions:
- Consolidated and divisional financial reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cash management
- Pricing and costing
- Participating in the year end audit
- Preparing special reports and financial analysis by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Analyses and interprets financial data
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation and experience in public accounting practice preferred
- Three to five years previous work experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and working in a multi-currency, multi-divisional work environment
- Experience working with ERP software required. Experience with Syspro and Infor considered an asset
- Experience working with a corporate performance management system
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools-Word, Excel, etc.
- Good attention to detail with good judgement showing logical decision making, and hands on approach
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Our client is building a world leading company and is committed to developing the next wave products and services in their field. They area an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email