Reference # HL-13698
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.
Now, on their behalf, we are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join their growing team at their Dartmouth (Burnside) office. In coordination with the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for supporting payroll processing for employees in North America. You will be responsible for processing payroll for hourly and salaried employees. You will handle payroll processing in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring compliance with all statutory, regulatory and reporting requirements, and respond to payroll enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner. Additional key responsibilities will include:
- End to end processing of biweekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees including related withholdings and remittances for 900+ employees.
- Responding to payroll enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner, investigating and resolving issues.
- Submitting Records of Employment.
- Work in coordination with Finance to address discrepancies related to reconciliations.
- Year end and New Year payroll procedures including preparation of year-end tax slips (T4s, RL1s, W2s).
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of sensitive information is a must.
- Contributing to team effort by completing other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years Canadian payroll experience paired with relevant post-secondary education.
- Payroll certification (PCP and/or CPM) is preferred.
- Knowledge of local labour laws and legislation.
- Excellent MS Office skills including advances Excel.
- Ability to understand and manage responsibilities in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems and find solutions.
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks and projects.
- Perform professional level tasks requiring independent judgement, initiative and tact.
- Experience with end to end large and complex payroll processing and US payroll experience is preferred.
This is a great opportunity for a payroll professional to join a growing and industry leading organization. If this sounds like you, Apply Now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email