Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reference # JG-13690
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BF&M, a leading insurance provider with operations in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean, to recruit for their Quality Assurance Manager in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
BF&M takes great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for developing, establishing and enforcing quality assurance standards and metrics for information technology services utilized within the BF&M Group. The QA Manager will ensure that existing and new solutions satisfy functional and non-functional requirements and that appropriate testing methods are employed. This role will direct a team of quality assurance analysts to validate system maintenance and software development processes to maximize the benefits of business investments and initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Provide overall management, training, mentoring, and support of QA Analysts
• Direct and develop test strategies, plans, and scripts and provide updates on status, issues, and risks
• Accountable for QA processes and standards in development, operational, and project based IT work
• Facilitate sessions with the business, operation and project owners to align standards and to ensure quality process and standards are met
• Ensure that quality guidelines for development, operations, and projects are established and followed
• Implement and conduct audits to measure and ensure adherence to quality assurance standards
• Develop and implement a continuous improvement program in Quality Assurance
• Ensure process and strategies relating to QA for major projects are defined, documented and communicated to the project team and sponsor
• Monitor and communicate testing statistics to the project team and project leadership
• Identify and act on emerging failed testing pattern trends when identified
• Direct the selection, management, and appropriate use of quality assurance tools and software automation
• 5 or more years of experience managing testing teams
• Has previously implemented and can lead the introduction of automated software testing practices and tools
• 3 or more years experience utilizing HP Quality Center or HP ALM
• Has experience implementing and using software quality assurance tools such as checklists, process standards, process documentation, and project audits
• 8 – 10 years of direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards
• Post-secondary degree (Computer Science and/or Business Administration) or equivalent work experience
• Practical experience with risk management, software and system testing, capability studies, and control plans
• Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
• Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214
If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email