Intermediate Civil Engineer
Intermediate Civil Engineer
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with EastPoint Engineering to recruit an Intermediate Civil Engineer to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
As a group of leading engineers and architects who are passionate about the interaction between infrastructure, energy, and the environment, EastPoint thinks long-term, through the entire life-cycle of their projects, from planning to implementation, and operation and maintenance. An employee owned firm offering a full range of services including civil, municipal, marine, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering and architecture, EastPoint has enhanced the places they live, work, and play through projects such as the COVE redevelopment, Queen’s Marque and future development sites in the beautiful Parks of West Bedford.
Reporting to the VP, Civil/Municipal Engineering, you will be an integral part of the engineering team, developing and implementing technical solutions in both the office and field. You will participate in all project phases, from proposal preparation, feasibility assessment and detailed design, through to tendering, construction and commissioning. By joining the EastPoint team you will be part of a fun, energetic and collaborative organization that focuses on the quality of your work and not the hours you log. This is an opportunity to work on exciting and creative projects while quickly building your career. In return for the skillset and expertise you bring you will be given a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide concept and detailed design expertise for civil infrastructure projects including but not limited to utilities, earthworks, site layout, grading/drainage and municipal roads
- Coordination of design team activities, direct internal and external project team including drafting techs, sub-consultants and subcontractors
- Conduct feasibility assessments and site inspections, as well as prepare technical reports
- Hands-on project management including responding to proposals, preparation of specifications and bid documents, contract administration and construction reviews, budget and schedule control as well as change order management and invoicing.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you enjoy an open and collaborative office environment with a team that likes to have fun together, in and out of the office. Your ideas will be valued, and your technical expertise will provide clients the best solutions possible to their project challenges.
- Currently registered or have the ability to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Nova Scotia required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University required
- 5-9 years’ applicable experience in the design and construction of civil infrastructure projects including earthworks, site layout, grading/drainage, municipal roads, sidewalks, parking lots, subdivisions, watermains, sanitary sewers, storm management ponds and culverts
- Proficiency in Civil 3D or similar software required, experience in hydrology and the use of hydraulic modelling software is considered a very strong asset
- Working knowledge of civil design guidelines and methodologies
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design
- Demonstrated self-started with a passion for exceeding client expectations
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel to various locations across Canada, maximum 5 days per 60-90 days.
- All successful applicants must meet requirements to obtain a minimum of Reliability status clearance through the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate (CISD).
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Keenan McGrath, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1148 and email@example.com
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email