Manager, Internal Audit
Manager, Internal Audit
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with High Liner Foods to recruit a Manager, Internal Audit to join their team in Halifax or Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
High Liner Foods is the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. With strong relationships with every major supermarket chain, club store and foodservice distributor in Canada and the U.S, High Liner Foods has a broad portfolio of recognized, trusted brands shaped by consumer insights and complemented by an unwavering dedication to providing excellent service and consistently superior customer satisfaction. The Company began in 1899 with the founding of W.C. Smith & Company, a salt fish operation located in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
As a newly created role, the Manager, Internal Audit is responsible for stability and consistency in organizational processes. This is an opportunity to leverage your existing experience and self starter attitude to carve out a path to increased efficiency of operations and effectiveness of controls throughout three plant facilities and supporting functions, essentially redefining how Internal Audit is effectively delivered. With a reputation for excellence both in the local and global marketplace, you will have the professional benefits of an international career with the personal benefits of the East Coast lifestyle. Offering a competitive compensation package coupled with benefits, this is a chance for you to see pivotal changes take place as a result of your influence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Recommend opportunities for process and audit improvement in key organizational areas such as plant operations, administrative functions and even capital deployment
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders, including the Leadership Team, General Managers and related management/staff
- Work with key stakeholders to define benchmarks, performance metrics, project measures and establish change priorities
- Facilitate and support risk assessment processes as well as promote the accuracy of financial and operational information
- Support compliance with Corporate Governance rules and regulations
- Promote organizational awareness of risk management concepts and best practices
- 5-8 years experience related to the optimization of people, processes, and systems in a manufacturing environment required
- Post secondary education in Industrial or Process Engineering, or a related field, is preferred
- Strong ability to provide advice, consult, persuade, negotiate and influence in order to build consensus and support for recommendations
- Knowledge of process control systems and risk management frameworks
- Superior written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information into plain language, for reports and presentations
- Demonstrated integrity and protecting the confidentiality of privileged information
- Excellent collaboration, facilitation, and listening skills
- Experience in data analytics and/or data analysis would be considered an asset
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
If you have questions about this role contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Keenan McGrath, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1148 and email@example.com
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email