Manager, Corporate Services
Manager, Corporate Service
Reference # AC-13665
Our client, a leading national law firm, has an immediate opening for a Manager, Corporate Services to join their Toronto office.
This individual will serve as a senior law clerk in support of a busy and growing corporate practice, and, in collaboration with the Assistant Manager, Corporate Services, Toronto, oversee the Corporate Services team members and implement and manage Corporate Services procedures. This individual will work alongside the Managers of Corporate Services in the Calgary and Vancouver offices and report to the Director of Paralegals and Law Clerks. Subject to projects supported by the firm which may require additional non-billable focus, billable legal work will comprise approximately 50% of your work while the non-billable managerial duties are expected to comprise approximately 50% of the role.
Our client is flexible with the remote working arrangements for this opportunity.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure standards, procedures and goals set by the firm are followed and approved projects are progressed in the Toronto office.
- Serve as a communications conduit to ensure the support needs of the Corporate Services law clerks in Toronto are brought to the attention of the Director of Paralegals and Law Clerks or the Practice Group Chair.
- Monitor workload and assignments to ensure the work is evenly allocated and assigned to the appropriate individuals.
- Work with Corporate Services team to ensure client deadlines, filings and renewals are monitored and handled in a timely manner.
- Participate in the recruitment, orientation and coaching and training of Corporate Services team members.
- Recommend and implement corporate law clerk training program including internal and external CLE.
- Under supervision of corporate services Technical Advisor, develop and update Ontario and Federal corporate services' precedents.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding billing rates.
- Recommend fixed fees and monitor profitability.
- Manage internal client relationships.
- Present opportunities to improve the firm’s level of service, quality of deliverables and efficiencies and work with the Director of Paralegals and Law Clerks to assess and prioritize such opportunities for improvement.
- Attend International Practice Management Association meetings and report on local industry trends.
Senior Law Clerk Duties:
- Draft substantive legal documentation relating to corporate transactions for Ontario and Federal corporations including, but not limited to, incorporations, amalgamations, continuances, reorganizations, financings, dissolutions, revivals, amendments, and arrangements.
- Provide closing assistance for large-scale transactions in support of various deal teams.
- Conduct in-depth due diligence for large-scale transactions.
- Conduct research and providing written analysis of findings.
- Communicate with clients as required and manage client relationships.
- 8+ years of experience as a corporate services manager at a law firm.
- Possess a broad foundation of legal concepts, experience and applications relevant to the practice of Corporate Law, including extensive knowledge of the Business Corporations Act (Ontario) and the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Law clerk accreditation or university degree.
- Very strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a busy environment.
- Excellent drafting and proofreading skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Virtual Team Management experience considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Holly or Adam know.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant, or Holly Green, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and 647-480-1709.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email