Reference # HL-13663
We are working on an excellent opportunity with our client, Nova Scotia Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation (CUDIC). Located on the beautiful Bedford waterfront, CUDIC is responsible for providing effective and efficient systems of deposit insurance and loss prevention for their affiliates. They administer a comprehensive examination program, operate a rigorous monitoring system and provide policy oversight for a number of institutions. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who values working with an organization that sets a high standard, and places great importance on those working for them. This is an organization where you can thrive for the long term.
We are looking for a Financial Administrator to join their team. General accounting will be a key part of this role and as a central point of contact for the office, the Financial Administrator will be responsible for compiling month end financial statements under the supervision of the Manager of Information Management/Operations as well as have responsibility for key administrative functions.
Among others, responsibilities in this role will include:
- Monthly preparation of RRSP payments and reports.
- Verifying and preparing payment and approval of staff and director expenses by the CEO.
- Assisting with the preparation of the budget and with the preparation of year end.
- Reviewing accounts payable invoices and preparing for approval and payment by the CEO.
- Processing bi-weekly payroll through ADP payroll provider.
- Maintaining delinquency reporting log and overdraft report log. Inputting loan delinquency and sending quarterly and monthly reports.
- General filing/records management, incoming/outgoing mail/phone calls, incoming receipts, and general administration as required.
The ideal profile will include:
- General accounting experience coupled with relevant post-secondary education.
- Exceptional systems skills, specifically Excel.
- Great attention to detail and ability to pivot and multi-task.
- Collaborative team player, who enjoys and thrives working within a team.
If you are an experienced accountant who is enrolled or is planning to enroll in the CPA program in the future, this could be a great opportunity for you. This isn’t an opportunity to be missed. If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.424.1117
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email