Edmonton, Calgary or Red Deer, AB
Reference # AC-13635
Our client, an accounting and advisory firm, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic financial leader to join their team as an Assurance Manager.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and rewarding position will deliver a strong understanding of each client’s financial business thorough assurance. As a leader in the organization, you will drive the teams to ensure clients are gaining value through their accounting practice.
Your Responsibilities will include:
You will be working with a team of professionals and operating staff to achieve successful results. You are a confident, self-starter, and have excellent project management, interpersonal, and mentoring skills. You have a reputation of excellence and strategic approach with Clients and peers, and an ability to evaluate technical requirement to make sound decisions. This position has the opportunity to progress into Partnership with the firm.
- Planning and leading engagements focused on completion of audits, compliance tax engagements, budgeting, internal controls, financial and accounting transactions that help our clients achieve their goals
- Provide expertise in audit and assurance through client engagements including interactions, reporting, presentations, and technical deliverables
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Identify opportunities within the organization and clients’ business by developing a thorough understanding of services and industry
- Oversee and provide feedback to team members on work and assignments and ensuring accuracy
- Maintain project timelines with ensuring on-going communication with client with project status
- Strong leadership skills to provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to support the growth of the team
- You have obtained a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) with 3 years of post-designation experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- Experience in a leadership role providing coaching and mentoring to employees
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience with small to mid-size public practice, dealing with the accounting and auditing needs of private companies and their shareholders is preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical decision making and project management of client advisory
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex financial and business issues to clients
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org and 647-336-1416 or Holly Green, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com and 647-480-1709.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email