Special Projects Manager
Special Projects Manager
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Dexel Developments Limited (Dexel) to recruit a Special Projects Manager to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Dexel has been one of Halifax’s premier multi-purpose, residential developers since it was founded in 1999. Specializing in large scale urban projects, Dexel is constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation while retaining their high standard for quality. Known for their strong community values, integrity, and creativity, Dexel’s mission to be an urban regenerator has been proven through their work developing unique properties throughout the HRM such as St. Joseph’s Square, Vic Suites and Flynn Flats and is demonstrated in future projects like Spring Garden West. As the sister company of Paramount Management, who takes ownership of their buildings once complete, Dexel continues to maintain their developments by undertaking major maintenance projects and capital improvements.
As the Special Projects Manager, you will identify and provide overall project management of construction ventures across the company portfolio that are characterized as special projects such as capital improvements, retrofits and major maintenance. By joining the team at Dexel, you will be joining an entrepreneurial organization that has developed some of the most recognizable and creative residential buildings in Halifax. You will have the opportunity to grow your career and gain exposure to one of a kind construction projects that will shape the city’s future, and you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and provide overall project management of construction ventures that are characterized as special projects, such as capital improvements, retrofits and major maintenance.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate projects from start to finish including coordinating the tender process, estimating and procuring materials and supplies, budgeting and cost control, scheduling maintenance in conjunction with subcontractors and stakeholders, conducting inspections and assessments, and securing project close out documents.
- Oversee site employees, sub-contractors and other trades, this includes being responsible for ensuring Dexel’s safety program is rolled out and implemented effectively, maintaining a culture of safety on site.
- Experience managing construction projects, with a background in capital planning, maintenance, and/or renovation projects
- Ability to balance multiple projects with the help of your excellent organizational skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be considered an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of workplace health & safety regulation and practices, and strong leadership needed to create a workplace that prioritizes safety
- Ability to motivate staff and identify opportunities to implement processes and methodologies that will increase productivity
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email