Capital Project And Accounting Analyst
Capital Project & Accounting Analyst
Reference # HL-13610
Our client is on the cutting edge of their industry and have been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers. This is an excellent opportunity for a CPA looking for exciting, and complex work with great potential for future growth. Our client has a highly engaged team and is looking to bring a Capital Project and Accounting Analyst onto their team.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, the Capital Project Accountant and Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the: analysis and accounting of capital project transactions and the related fixed assets; preparation and review of journal entries; balance sheet account reconciliations, including any additional quarterly and annual reporting; and ownership of policies and procedures related to capital project and capital assets accounting. They will ensure compliance with the internal control framework, and applicable standards for financial reporting.
Key responsibilities, among others, in this role will include:
- Maintaining capital asset system for analyzing, processing and reporting underlying transactions.
- Interpreting and analyzing relevant financial reporting standards (IFRS) to ensure transactions are accurately accounted for.
- Capital project ledger setup, maintenance and tracking.
- Collaborating with team members to monitor, track, and review all project related invoices and preparation of monthly journal entries for asset accruals, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Preparing month end reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly journal entries and supporting schedules for depreciation of assets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation.
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience.
- Understanding of capital asset criteria, and internal controls is considered an asset.
- Detail oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and deliver in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Proven proficiency in MS 365 or MS Office applications, specifically Excel.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com or 902.424.1117
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email