HR Supervisor, Legal Assistants
HR Supervisor, Legal Assistants
Reference # AC-13601
Our client, a leading national law firm, has an immediate opening for a HR Supervisor, Legal Assistants to join their Vancouver office.
The successful candidate will report directly to the HR Manager, Legal Assistants based in Toronto, and ideally is someone who excels at building relationships, is experienced, and self-directed. This position involves supervision of all day-to-day operations related to the Legal Assistant Resource Group in their Vancouver and Calgary offices, as well as a local point of contact for general HR support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing development of relationships and understanding of business and practice specific needs, through engagement with Legal Assistant resources, Lawyers and Practice Group leaders.
- Ongoing evaluation of Legal Assistant resource support arrangements; making recommendations for improvements; implementing approved changes.
- Evaluating and drafting both planned and ad hoc sharing arrangement recommendations for approval by HR Manager, Legal Assistants.
- Acting as primary point of contact and coaching support for Legal Assistant resources regarding day-to-day performance, employee relations issues, sharing arrangements and various other support needs.
- Managing communication of Legal Assistant resource absences, as reported on HR Absence Reporting Line (including coverage assignments, if required) to lawyers and HR Coordinator, on a daily basis.
- Managing the overall allocation and delivery of Assistant Replacement resources which may require availability on evenings and weekends to address urgent needs.
- Preparing and distributing weekly schedules for coverage arrangements.
- Preparing and managing vacation schedules for the Legal Assistant resource group.
- Participating in performance review cycle for Legal Assistant resources and working with HR Manager, Legal Assistants to conduct performance review meetings.
- Providing feedback to HR Manager, Legal Assistants for annual compensation and bonus recommendations.
- Supporting HR Manager, Legal Assistants on recruitment needs.
- Carrying out administration of Legal Assistant mentoring program.
- Acting as local point of contact for initial HR interactions.
- Supporting general HR needs and participating in various national initiatives, as required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory role within HR.
- Law firm experience required.
- Prior experience in a legal assistant role is an asset.
- Ability to build and encourage trust, collaboration, inclusive communication, joint problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability be self-directed.
- Strong communication, relationship building and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Demonstrated good judgement and decision-making.
- Proven ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organization, building credibility as a role model and subject matter expert.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, team-based environment within challenging deadlines.
- Able to motivate people and foster a positive work environment.
- Flexible attitude and desire to support change.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, document management and time entry billing systems.
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email