Reference # HL-13600
Our client, Summit Industrial Income REIT (Summit), is an open-ended mutual fund real estate investment trust focused on growing and managing a portfolio of light industrial properties across Canada. They are well respected by their tenants, shareholders and within the real estate industry and currently experiencing exciting growth.
On behalf of Summit we are looking for an Investment Analyst to join their team. We are looking for an analytical and curious individual who is passionate and excited by real estate and about understanding and solving complex problems. Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Investment Analyst will work closely with the firm’s investment and acquisition team and assist the team with a number of areas including: portfolio and financial analysis, acquisition underwriting, due diligence support, and market research and evaluation.
The Investment Analyst will be responsible for:
- Providing analytical support to assist the investment team with decision-making
- Conducting financial analysis including asset valuation
- Preparing underwriting and valuation analysis for prospective new developments and acquisitions
- Providing due diligence support for prospective acquisitions/dispositions
- Providing support in the analysis of markets and sites for potential development and/or acquisitions
- Building and updating financial models to analyze new and existing investments
- Assisting with quarterly and monthly reporting
- Creating and maintaining financial models for other investment initiatives
- Building, expanding, and updating internal databases
- Conducting ad hoc projects as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, engineering, or other related disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Office suite of products is a must; knowledge of Argus Enterprise would be an asset
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, with a detail-oriented mindset and proficiency in building and handling complicated models and data sets
- An accounting or finance designation would be considered an asset but not required
- An interest in and understanding of commercial real estate industry trends, economics, and strategy
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
If an analytical role and the commercial real estate industry excite you then this could be the perfect role. Let's Connect!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email